Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Disneyland: A Study in Culture

What? Yes it's true, Disneylands around the world reveal interesting differences in culture. So this article is talking about how the different cultures around the world respond to Disneyland lines in their own countries. I like this part, "French and Italians 'never saw a line they couldn't be in front of.'" That's great. Could you image that here? People would be getting knocked out and yelled at left and right. What do they do, flirt their way to the front? Now I want to go to Eurodisney to see if my Italian roots kick in and I can get myself to the front of the line.

The other thing that I found very interesting is that the French go wild over the Peter Pan ride. It's the only Peter Pan ride out of all the parks that they put this Fastpass thing in where you get to come back at a certain time without having to wait in line. What's up with the French and Peter Pan? It's a pretty boring ride here. I just can't possibly imagine what would make it so intriguing, unless maybe you can bring a bottle of wine along!

3 comments:

Rick Strom said...

What do they do, flirt their way to the front?

Actually, that's why they don't bathe or wear deodorant. The crowds part like the red sea.

What's up with the French and Peter Pan? It's a pretty boring ride here.

What what what? Peter Pan PWNS here. Especially the part where you fly over the city and see all the little white LEDs representing cards. I truly LOVE that ride. Its the only kiddie ride I still never pass up. People like Mr. Toad's, but I never got it.

Thanks for making me register a blogger account, too. Grr.

Rick Strom said...

cards = cars in the stromiverse.

Rosanna Kicks Ass said...

Sorry, I had to make you register. I tried to be trusting but people were starting to spam me. Can you believe it? Spam on the internet!!!