Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Best Waitress Ever!


So as mentioned a couple posts ago, Michael and I were up at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon recently. Since this was an exploratory trip, we decided to stay at the Grand Canyon Lodge for one night. It's a cool historic lodge with a stone sun deck that has an amazing view of the canyon. As we walked onto the deck, a cocktail waitress came up to us and asked us, "Do you want something to drink as you enjoy the view?" Well of course we did! I didn't know they would bring us cocktails out there. So we each ordered a bloody mary (a National Park classic). When she asked what kind of vodka I wanted, I answered Skyy. She was so disappointed to tell me that they don't carry that as it is her favorite mixing vodka too. But they had Ketel One, so all was good.

By looking at this rustic lodge, one would not think that such a great service would be offered. I've been at super sweet resorts poolside and not been able to hail down a drink for an hour. Anyway, this is not what made this waitress so great. As she kept bringing us drinks, she was always making funny remarks and managed to find us no matter where we moved.

Then the best thing happened. Some older chunky lady next to us ordered a Bud Light.

Our waitress responded, "You don't want a Bud Light."
To which the lady said, "What do you mean?"
"We have better beers than that. You are away from home why don't you try something new?" Then she listed out about 3 other beers that would be comparable style-wise to Bud Light, but much better tasting.
The lady said, "No thanks, I'll just stick with my Bud Light."
The waitress said, "Alright, I guess if that's what you want," and left to put in the order.

She was so great. She tried to talk this lady out of ordering crappy beer. I've been in bars so many times when there is a huge selection of great beers and someone orders a Bud Light. I've wished at those times that the bartender would let them know that they are FOOLS for ordering such a sad beer when there are much better options out there. Bud Light, if it must be drunk at all, is for those times when there are no other options or you want to drink from breakfast until midnight. Otherwise, it shouldn't even be offered and I think that was exactly what this waitress was conveying. BRAVO!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Virtuous what I was seeking and very thoroughgoing as floor. Thank you for placard this, I noticed a yoke unique related posts but yours was the optimum so far. I outlook it stays updated, love worry."

--------------------------------------------
my website is
http://harleydavidsonmotorcyclesblog.com

Also welcome you!

Anonymous said...

English is not my primary language, yet I could comprehend this utilizing the google translator. Beneficial post, have them coming! Thanks!