Monday, April 25, 2005

Oliver Stone Editing

What's up with the Olive Stone/Brady Bunch style editing making its appearance in movies and TV lately? I just kinda watched "24" and they've got that silly split screen action. Then it was in "Sideways." I have also watched some very bad TV movies, "Locusts" and "10.0" (that ridiculous earthquake movie). They both had it. I would have to think that using the same cheesy split screen trick as terrible TV movies would be a bad idea, but I guess that's why Hollywood isn't knocking down my door.
I know there's more movies that I can't remember that are using it ... more than one a decade is definitely too many!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave my comment?
What can I say.
Special Effects can not make up for deficients in story, plot, character development, ecetera.

Kristos
(Not dead yet, see above)

Anonymous said...

Leave my comment?
What can I say.
Special Effects can not make up for deficients in story, plot, character development, ecetera.

Kristos
(Not dead yet, see above)