Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Too Many Babies

So I'm flipping around the morning news shows today. Not only on Today, but on GMA as well, at the very same time a surrogate mom who is carrying quintuplets - yes 5 babies - is being interviewed. I chose the Today show segment because I hate Katie Couric and love to watch her terrible interviews. Here's this HUGE pregnant woman sitting with the doctor and the mom-to-be. First of all, I understand that fertilization is an expensive and difficult procedure. Do they really need to try with 5 embryos though; that's a bit overboard. So stupid Katie asked the mom-to-be how is she going to deal with this? So the mom-to-be says, "I don't know." That's a direct quote! I'm not making this up! The surrogate is 6 months pregnant and the mom-to-be doesn't know how she is going to deal with 5 babies. Has no plan. But she's picked out names for all the babies. Probably just figures she'll get a bunch of free stuff, which the Today show gave her a bunch of diapers, courtesy of Target. Also I'm sure she's planning on tapping all her friends and family. That's great! I'm sure that's just what they were missing in their lives - helping you raise 5 babies! Oh, and the surrogate decided not to take $15K for her services because of all the financial hardship the couple will be facing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Little Kenny said...

Oooo, what did they say? Are you gonna delete my post too? You fascist website dictator you. :P

Rosanna Kicks Ass said...

It was about work, not the post - bringing down the good time vibes!!!

Anonymous said...

Too many puppies.

Primus

People act without thinking. It is the hall-mark of our species.
Just ask a Vulcan.

Kristos

Anonymous said...

Dear Little Kenny, I said _____ _____ your _____ in the back of a Ford!