Saturday, June 25, 2005

Stupid Parents - Good Batman

So I went and saw Batman Begins this afternoon. Great movie, better than any of the other Batmans. Mostly dark with a couple corny moments, but hey, you need a little bit to lighten the load.
So here's my gripe. I noticed a fair amount of kids at this movie. That got me to thinking about the most recent lawsuit against video games, the one involving Grand Theft Auto. Then I'm thinking about all the times parents go on TV and blame violence in movies, video games and music and sex in music videos and all the bad media to which their children are exposed. Well, stupid parents, why don't you stop taking your children to violent movies? I can say that about a quarter of the full theater today were children under 10 with their parents. Oh, am I to feel sad that you really wanted to see this movie? That there weren't any other movies to take the kids to? That you just had to get the kids to be quiet for two hours. This isn't the first violent movie I've seen parents bring their kids to. So you better stop blaming the media and start taking care of your kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate bizarre pluralization rules? My OCD is forcing me to obsess over the pluralization of Batman, in this case obviously should be Batmans although my brain wants so badly for it to be Batmen, which would be senseless... Somewhere in the middle I want the idiotic apostrophe there, even if it doesn't make a lick of sense, Batman's, like every other illiterate does it.

Heh, Rosanna, this is what you get when people read your blog at 2:35 AM on a Tuesday.....

Anonymous said...

It's "Batmani", the Latin plural for "men who dress in tights and fight crime for free".

Kristos