Saturday, July 09, 2005

Overzealous Larchmont Meter Maid

So I take my mom with me to go up to LA to have lunch with my sister and we go to Larchmont Village - nice street with lots of restaurants. We fill up the meter for two hours and go have a great lunch and a French bistro style place. I had the best chicken curry sandwich on olive loaf and garlic mashed potatoes.... I digress. Anyway, we get back to the car and I have a ticket. My sister ran over to the meter; we still had 25 minutes left. So it turns out the ticket was for my lack of front plates. I don't even have a bracket for front plates. I've been driving and parking this car all over southern California for 2 1/2 years and I've gotten a ticket, but never has the front plate issue been mentioned. Stupid meter maid probably didn't have enough real tickets under his/her belt for the day, so had to give me one!! Lesson: don't park on Larchmont without front plates.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't park anywhere in LA without front plates. I got no less than 3 plate tickets my first month in LA.

Its because the city is rolling in dough over those photo enforced stop lights, and those things photograph you from the front. Hence the desperate need to bring everyone up to code on the front plate.

The city of Los Angeles, and all its surrounding (and encompassed) cities, are greedy beyond belief.

Rosanna Kicks Ass said...

Well, I'm not putting on the front plate. I paid the ticket. No one cares about it down here. 1 out of 3 cars doesn't have a front plate. From now on I'll take my other car with front plate to LA.

Anonymous said...

I had not been to San Clemente for 1 year, ONE YEAR. And I parked at a previously free beach and got a ticket. Yeah, welcome back to Orange County. The True Jyhad-- Parking Enforcement. Dude. If Osama bin Laden, EVER double parks, we got 'em.

Kristos

Anonymous said...

Dear Rosanna, the vehiclar code in California requires that automobiles have BOTH a front and rear liscence plate. Trust me I know from experience and two "fix-it" tickets. It's state law sunshine, just because LA County is populated by bandits...