Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I'm a Big Fat Liar

Just moments ago, I lied to a real estate agent at my door. She asked if I'm the homeowner and instinctively, I said no. So then she asked if I was just visiting.

"Yes"

"Where do you live?"

"Seattle"

"I lived in Seattle for 10 years. What part do you live in?"

"The u-district, by u-village"

"Oh that's great, I lived in the Kirkland area. I now live in the neighborhood across street.
Would you mind passing this market update on to the homeowners?"

"Sure"

OK, so here I've lied to someone who lives near me and that I may encounter again. I'm so stupid. I can't think on my feet and sometimes that makes me say stupid things.

Michael said I should say that was my twin sister if I ever see that real estate agent again.

3 comments:

Little Kenny said...

Jeebus, I go out of town for a little over a week and you go on a posting frenzy. FREN-ZY!!

Anonymous said...

I was in my elevator and they asked me if I owned my unit. I said, "Only the one in my pants." Is that a lie? I am married...

Kristos

Anonymous said...

I was in a different elevator and someone asked me if I owned a car, I said, "Yes." They asked the make and model, I said, "Matchbox."