Friday, July 22, 2005

Old Pushy People

I'm at Henry's Market the other night and this old lady gives me a snarly "beep, beep." I was at the checkout along side of the conveyor belt in front of my smaller cart unloading. She had room for her bigger cart to be alongside her conveyor belt and that was it. Apparently, she wanted to unload from the side, so she wanted me to move instead of just waiting. So she gave me a dirty look when I didn't move. Now that's the end of my story.

It doesn't sound like much, but it's just a small example of terrible old people thinking they have the right of way because they've earned it by age. Usually they'll move me with their carts or bodies instead of saying something. Or they'll reach right over me at the produce and give me a look like I'm the one in the wrong. They think they own the place because it's a smaller market made just for old people or something. Well it's not, grandma. Stay out of my way!

4 comments:

Little Kenny said...

Cross check 'em right into the boards. See how much beep-beep'n they'll do with their hip split in two.

Anonymous said...

Tell her you want to privative Social Security. If you're gonna pick fights with Grandma, use the right ammo.

Kristos
I don't believe I am anonomyous anymore. But I could use spell check. Who are the other "Kristos"s anyway? I mean, I am the first.

Anonymous said...

Beep! Beep!

Maybe she was the Roadrunner?

Anonymous said...

Wiley Coyote is my co-pilot.