Monday, March 06, 2006

No, I Didn't Want to Know That You'd LOVE to Open a Dog Hotel

So I took the train to Van Nuys on Saturday to avoid having 2 cars at my sister's house this weekend. I haven't taken the train in California since I lived in Santa Barbara. I had fond memories and my headphones loaded with me as I boarded the train. It was pretty crowded, but I found a spot on the aisle. Unfortunately, two friends in the row in front of me just "found each other" and starting talking across the aisle. Being that they were forty-something blonds from the OC, I put on my headphones and blasted some music. I could still hear them talking, though their voices were muffled. At the Santa Ana stop, I saw the exasperated look on the man who was stuck by the window next to one of the women and was so happy I had my headphones. However, I did remove them to hear the conductor announce our impending arrival at Union Station. They were talking so loud that the overhead speaker which was pretty clear (not your airplane variety) was hard to hear. In fact, I heard no one else on the train talking, so there was no reason that they had to be yelling to the point that everyone on the train north now knows that Mitzy has a dream of opening a dog hotel one day, but right now she is too busy to have any pets!
Idiots. Posted by Picasa

No comments: