Friday, January 12, 2007

I Was Right


I love it when I'm right. Mythbusters backed me up in an ongoing argument that I've had with Michael for years! The myth is that if you leave a light on for a few minutes, it's more energy efficient than turning it off and then on again. Michael used this myth all the time to defend himself when I would get on him about not turning off the lights. Well, in episode 69 of Mythbusters they proved me right. HA! It barely takes any energy at all to turn on a light and therefore, you save energy by turning lights off and on as you need them. I think some guy made up that myth in the first place to shut his wife up because it really doesn't make sense anyway.

2 comments:

Little Kenny said...

Shoot, I woulda backed you up on this one even without the Mythbusters totally busting it.

forksplit said...

Mythbuster's is funded by GE. They rigged the test to convince people to waste electricity to line their pockets!!

Of course I have no factual evidence or specific knowledge to support this claim. It just feels like this must be a conspiracy!