Monday, April 09, 2007

Peeps!!!


So I saw some Peeps in Target last week and I had to send them to my sister. Peeps just seem to occupy that strange spot in the space-time continuum of being both nostalgic and current all at the same time. What I hadn't seen before though are the little plush Peeps Bunnies. They remind me of the Bunnies in the Bunny Suicides, so I kept a couple here and sent the other two along with the regular Peeps to my sister.

OK, so I had moved on from all my Peeps fun until this morning when I was looking on Saveur to check on my subscription. There on the homepage of the website is an article on Easter treats with a picture of Peeps! So I read the article and then Googled Peeps. A lot of people do a lot of weird things with their Peeps. On this one website, this guys takes himself wayyyy too seriously with his Peeps art. He's protected the images so that you can't even copy them to your computer.

But one of the stangest is this website detailing surgical separation of Peeps. The concept doesn't seem so disconcerting to me, but the fact that it seemed to be done in an actual medical/dental office does. To think that the people doing this could also be the same people who need to drill into your teeth and stitch up your head is a little unnerving especially when you already fear doctors as much as I do!


No comments: