Monday, August 06, 2007

Bunnies for Kitties... to EAT

So I'm reading the paper and SMACK, I come across this headline:




I couldn't believe it. Cat owners buy raw bunnies for their pets to eat? I just thought cat (and dog) food was made from whatever is left over from human food. Apparently, that is the case with canned and dry food according to the article. That is the reason these people buy raw bunnies for their cats to eat. They say that it is a more natural diet for these predatory cats. Yeah, all those lovely, furry house cats that never go outside still have the need to eat raw meat. I don't think so and neither does PETA, of course. I had to find someone to back up my side even if they're crazy; they want to convince people that Jesus was a vegetarian...hello, loaves and fishes and he cruised around with a bunch of fishermen.

I'm not a vegetarian. I eat everything, all meats with glee. But I'm a human. So, despite what PETA says (yes, I am using them on both sides of my argument), it's OK for me to eat other animals. But I don't think it's OK to raise one pet for another pet to eat. I know that they sell rats and crickets for snakes and lizards to eat. But honestly, there are enough rats around that they will inherit the earth along with the roaches and all the insects when humans die off. And then think of all the starving people in the world who would love to eat some tasty rabbit. They're being wasted by being sold off as pet food!

Here's the question:

Would it be OK if they raised cats for dogs to eat?
I'm sure dogs would like the taste of cat.

People would be FURIOUS. I even got squeamish when I checked out this site on how to eat a cat. (DO NOT CLICK on that link if you LOVE cats!) There's even a vegetarian in the article who serves her cats raw meat. How can she justify killing another animal so feed her wonderful pet? If she wants to feed their natural instincts, then she should let them go out and HUNT!

2 comments:

Fancypants said...

We've got a cat that we wouldn't mind if you ate it Roseanna. There wouldn't be much meat on it, but I'm sure it could be mixed with some pork and all ground up & deep fried into pig-kitty boudin balls or something light like that.

Now that would make for an interesting h'orderve.

Rosanna Kicks Ass said...

Did you look at the "How to Eat a Cat" link? Not very appetizing. :)