Saturday, September 13, 2008

I Love Those Plastic Bins

So a new Container Store just opened today near my house. In fact, it's the only one in Arizona! Michael happened to say that he needed a hanger for his ties, knowing full well that today was opening day. I LOVE the Container Store. It's the best kind of store. It's a store built for the consumer society of which I'm a big part. There is nothing there that anyone really needs. It just exists to organize all the stuff that I think I need.
Anyway, much to my surprise, the parking lot was absolutely full when we got there at 3:00 this afternoon. Everyone inside was happy and we heard lots of "oohs" and "ahhhs". Even Michael got excited over the garage organization section. People in other cities hurry to museum, movie, restaurant and other cultural openings. We in Scottsdale flock to an organizational store. Gotta love those bins!

1 comment:

Little Kenny said...

Plastic bins are great for storing left overs from Halloween beer tastings in so make sure you have lots of containers for me so I can send all the leftovers home with you on Saturday. I'll make sure there are tons.