Monday, April 13, 2009

Illegal Pies Strike Pennsylvania


OK, so first off, I can't believe that it has been since last September since I've posted. Michael has been begging me to do so with the intended result that I will stop complaining to him about all the random things that piss me off.

So I was reading the WSJ online yesterday (the free sections) and read this story about homemade pies being illegal in Pennsylvania. These aren't pies being sold in shops or at fairs. They are being sold at church dinners as fund raisers. Yes, these are donated pies baked by old church ladies. The health inspectors are cracking down on pies not cooked in licensed kitchens. Of course, the old ladies can pay to have their kitchens licensed, assuming the kitchens comply with whatever ridiculous rules the state has in place. These ladies aren't selling their pies for profit and they aren't concealing that their pies are homemade. So what next, outlawing potlucks?

2 comments:

Little Kenny said...

I, I, I don't know what to say.

Ludicrous.

Unknown said...

i read your article and i found it good. you provide good information in it.
I like the Internet because without internet i am nothing. loved the way you explain. thanks.
Plumbing Services in aliso viejo
tankless water heaters
Drain Cleaning
water leak detection
Hydro Jetting