Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fool for Meteors


So Michael told me we need to go outside in a couple nights and check out the Lyrids meteor shower. It's supposed to hit it's high point just after midnight on April 21st. I love a good meteor shower, so I'm all about it. I've gotten myself up at 3 am, driven half an hour and sat outside in a cold forest to go see one in Portland! That was the Leonids in 2001 and it was the best I had seen at that point and since.

So last night, we were just chilling out in the jacuzzi and it wasn't even totally dark out and we saw the best meteor, EVAR! It was slow, low and had a long tail of fire. It looked like someone had shot off a giant bottle rocket! It looked different than any meteor I have ever seen. Usually the light blends together and it like a single entity. This one last night though was white and had a tail of orange flaming debris. It was fantastic, so I can only hope that at its height, this meteor shower will go off!

No comments: