Friday, November 04, 2005

Will the Real Nicholas Cage Please Stand Up

So I was on the treadmill watching Raising Arizona, one of the best films of last century, and it made me a little sad. Yes, I was still laughing my ass off, but what the hell happened to Nicholas Cage? I think of this everytime a movie such as, National Treasure or The Family Man or Matchstick Men or The Weather Man comes out. No, I haven't seen any of these. I won't see any movies where he has sold out to be either a nice leading man, action leading man or a sad caricature of his former weirdo self. He used to be so great and natural and playing funny, awkward and sometimes hopeless characters. Sometimes he can still do it, but it's rare. Raising Arizona highlights how great he once was and how terrible he is now. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stacey said...

you said it! I LOVE Nic Cage. But everytime I go see one of his movies now I want to write him a letter and say "what the hell, Nic?" (Although after seeing that HORRIBLE "Lords of War" it was more like I wanted to go beat him with a shovel engraved with "WTH, Nic?")

We watched Honeymoon in Vegas the other night. It made it a little better.