Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Gardening Guys Suck!

So I had some gardeners earlier this year that operated out of Dana Point. They were called the Gardening Guys. I just got a letter from a collection agency for the Gardening Guys for a bill for July service that I didn't pay, plus late charges. I didn't pay because they didn't perform their services that month and we cancelled. So I call them up this morning and tell them that I think I shouldn't pay because of the above reason. The woman on the phone gets all righteous and says that they are a small business and that if they accepted credit cards, it would never come to this and that's why they have to get collections involved. So I say that if they had performed the service, I would have paid. We go back and forth on this. Basically, she said they don't guarantee a service date and time, so I'm supposed to pay anyway. And when I say that my current gardener shows up on the correct date and time, she says, "well, I guess that's why you switched." To me, that translated as, "we suck, but we take no responsibility for that."

No comments: