Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Trail Trash

I went camping in Joshua Tree a couple days ago. On Monday, we picked an easy 2 mile hike out to an old mine. It was a nice day to hike with the weather being cloudy and about 58 degrees. So we're returning on the trail and most of the people we pass are families and couples. Then we encounter a group of 4 college-age kids. There is one boy, looking fairly normal and a girl with a Johnny Depp-Willy Wonka top hat and glasses in the front. The second pair is comprised of 2 girls in black bikini tops holding hands. Now the holding hands part I can understand. Nature can be very emotional. However, bikini tops in 58 degree cloudy weather in California is totally unexceptable on a hiking trail. Michael and I bantered about some possible reasons: drugs, boredom, Alaskans. My favorite suggestion of Michael's was that they were trashy strippers from Indio. I think I'll stick with that one. Regardless of the reason, their presence provided much laughter for the rest of the hike.

3 comments:

Little Kenny said...

Were they HAWT?? Where's the pictures?

Rosanna Kicks Ass said...

They were not hot. And we were so stunned that taking pictures didn't occur to either of us until they went around the bend.

Little Kenny said...

Damn. There should be some ground rules for that kinda thing. Oh well, whatever they're happy doing I guess.