Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Fuzz

Super Fuzz


So some cop yesterday totally blocked traffic just to give some guy a ticket. I'm stopped at a light behind a motorcycle cop. We are sitting at the light for at least a minute. He doesn't have his lights on or isn't motioning at all to the driver in front of him. But after he crosses through the intersection, after there is a little pocket for the driver to pull off into, the cop turns on his lights and pulls the guy over. So this is a lane with no bike lane and no space to pull over. I and the 10 cars behind me now have to stop and wait til the lane next to us is clear to go around.

It gets worse. I come back along the same street about 10 minutes later on the other side. The driver is gone, but the cop is still there, his motorcycle still in the lane blocking traffic while he finishes writing in his note pad standing under a tree in the shade. How frustrating! What did the driver do that was soooo bad that it was absolutely necessary to pull him over in this inconvenient spot and then continue to block traffic.

Well as I approach my freeway onramp, the cop cuts me off and then bangs a u-turn. Ahh, now I see why he's giving out tickets. There is an offramp that only allows you to make a right turn when you get off the freeway; it is marked with double yellows and a lot of people cross them. This is because the signage on the offramp doesn't say "only." So unless you've done it before, you don't know you're going to get stuck in that right turn. Now, yes, the drivers who cross the double yellow could cause accidents and shouldn't do it. But how about putting up better signs on the offramp and using those plastic barriers to inform the driver and prohibit the crossing of the double yellow? No, the jokers down at City Hall would rather have a cop cause traffic, more possible accidents and issue tickets. They might as well make some revenue out of this poor street planning.
Fools!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a 35-dollar Welcome-Back-to-San-Clemente ticket.

I do declare.

Meters at Calfia.

I used to park for free in OC.

Kristos

Anonymous said...

Poor street planning?
Isn't OC all asphalt now?

I love green things, especially Martians.