Monday, May 16, 2005

Thanks George!

Alright George, I expected the usual merchandising and promotions bullshit that usually accompanies the Star Wars movies, but come on! Yes, I had a bunch of action figures and the droid factory after the original Star Wars came out. But that's the key, "after." I'm all for movie previews and interviews. But do the characters really have to sell everything they can get their hands on? I think Darth Vader alone is endorsing I 3 or 4 different products and with humor! I don't want to see this evil, menacing character turned into a show monkey before the movie even comes out. And then, I go to the grocery store and the shelves are crowded with Star Wars life size cardboard cutouts. Why bother showing previews in the theaters. You've already turned the movie characters into advertising whores? Is that what the culmination of 30 years of working on the same project does to you? I suppose that's what you want people to remember instead the Revenge of the Sith. Is the movie that bad that you're hoping people will see it, but remember the commercials instead? Everyone goes to your movies whether they like them or not. Some just go to criticize them. So stop being a jerk when you know we're all going to see the movie anyway!

I know there is always a lot of this crap with all the Star Wars releases, but this time it seems like there is much, much more. So of course I'll be seeing the movie. So I guess I'm the idiot for paying George in the end anyway and he knows that. He knows that no matter how much crap he throws at us we will all still go to his movie. And I could say it will all be over with the release on May 19, but we all know there will be the theater re-release, the DVD release, the revised DVD release, the enhanced revised DVD release and then probably another theater re-re-release that will all be accompanied by the same promotional garbage. Way to go George!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Rosanna, you did see it.
I sat next to you.
You even bought the Jedi-Knight Sized Popcorn and the Storm Trooper Edition Soda cup.

Repeat after me...

I am a consumer whore.

I am a consumer whore.

I am a consumer whore.

Repeat as neccessary.

Kristos