Thursday, August 11, 2005

More of that old Intelligent Design

Damn, I fell kept falling asleep during this episode of Nightlight last night: ABC News: Despite Criticism, 'Intelligent Design' Finds Powerful Backers.

The episode focused on the Discovery Institute in Seattle, whose website is one of those that I looked at before I wrote my last post. The intelligent design movement is being pushed out into the country from a progressive city. I call that intelligent design!

Anyway, here's a good article featuring the "debate" that the proponents of intelligent design say is going on in the scientific community. I call it more of a debunking. Maybe the Discovery Institute should feature it on their website.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See last comment.

It is not a scientific debate, it is a philosophical one.

Darwin himself was a man of great faith who was in dire striaghts when he thought his discovery questioned God's existance. In the end, Darwin believed that it was all designed and set in motion by a supreme being. He felt that he had only begun to explain the wonders of the Almighty.

The Hindu believe that it is all a dream of a god sleeping in a lilly pond.

The drunk down the street believes that it is The Matrix.

I am not wearing pants.