Saturday, October 21, 2006

Dirty, Dirty Halloween

So Michael and I were looking for a costume for him at the halloween store. We found that the men's section was about 1/3 in size to the ladies' section. I started looking at the girlie costumes to see what I could expect in Vegas this year. There did seem to be an overwhelming amount of sexy nurses, sexy cops, sexy witches, sexy cowgirl, sexy ghost, sexy [insert anything you want]. Even Playboy has put out some costumes this year. AND all the shoes were stripper shoes. So what went through my mind?

"Man, how many non-hotties are going to try to squeeze themselves into these costumes!"

That's not so much a worry in Vegas, because last year about 90% of the scantily-clad ladies I saw had stripper bodies. But at your average neighborhood party? This could get ugly.

Interestingly, the sociologists are concerned too (not about people looking ugly). They are concerned that women are vamping it up for the wrong reasons and that the sexy look is trickling down to little girl costumes. I think it is the safe night to hooch it up if you're normally not a hoochy, but I am concerned that we're going to get to the point of look sexy or don't dress up in costume. The costume store owners are saying they are just responding to their consumers.

As a disclaimer, I have tried to be a little sexy on Halloween and I have worn something that was a bit too tight. So I can't say that I don't understand the attraction of going a little hoochy on Halloween, but let's not get carried away. In the costume store, it felt like that if I didn't want to be sexy, then I would be stuck in the "Plug and Socket" costume with Michael. I'm just saying that I don't want to have to be a sexy paramedic or sexy referee or sexy Holly Hobby or sexy Tin Man (yeah, like Wizard of Oz) or sexy pirate or sexy jailbird or sexy confederate (well it's Daisy Duke, copyright issues, but still).

3 comments:

Little Kenny said...

Well you'll be stoking on my sexy Boss Hogg costume them.

Ohhh baby. Glistening, fried chicken grease smeared fat rolls hangin' out the side.

forksplit said...

You know what I blame this on the breakdown of???

Society!

forksplit said...

Seriously though, my only problem with the slutification of Halloween is the girls that try to squeeze their huge ass and thighs into some sluttly little short shorts. IT's really scary!! Oh....wait a second, maybe those girls aren't going for the slutty Halloween look. Maybe they're going for the SCARY Hallloween look?

Incidentally, here's Eleanor's Halloween costume, (not slutty)

http://www.anytimecostumes.com/costumes/01525098.html

She's going to make her own though using an old bridesmaids dress (finally a use for it!)