Thursday, October 12, 2006

Rather Have a Retard

So when I recently moved to Arizona, I noticed that most of the baggers in the grocery stores were high school age kids. I thought to myself, "Good, no more retards." The grocery stores where I used to live hired mentally-challenged people as their baggers. They always said weird stuff or yelled or bagged my groceries badly and looked funny. I don't care that this is totally politically incorrect because that's how I felt.

So when I saw the high school kids working around here, I thought it was a good thing on two counts. First of all, they weren't slackers like the kids in my last neighborhood that were so bored and unproductive that they would vandalize with ketchup. How sad is that? They don't even use paint! Anyway, I digress. Secondly, I wouldn't have to respond to or ignore the retarded baggers anymore.

Then that all changed yesterday. Some kid was bagging my groceries which were mainly vegetables. He sees my ginger and says, "what the hell is this? some root!" OK, so that's not so weird. But then he sees my eggplant and says, "what is this, an eggplant. It's big. I want to smash it against the wall. Maybe I'll by one so I can throw it at someone." Meanwhile, the checker and another bagger were telling him to stop talking. What a total weirdo!

2 comments:

Little Kenny said...

How did you not say anything back?

We're going shopping when I visit. I can't wait.

Rosanna Kicks Ass said...

Oh, I told him that eggplants are hard and that it would hurt the person he threw it at. Then he said I should call the checker something completely random the next time I come in. It was Mr. something; I forgot what he said immediately. The kid was totally out of his mind.