Monday, October 09, 2006

Spiders are Driving Hazards


So Michael saw this article about a guy crashing his car because a spider scared him. Why would this article interest me? Back in 2001 or 2002 when we lived in Portland, I was driving our new car when a small spider appeared on the door. I HATE, I mean HATE spiders. I rolled down the window, tried to knock it out with my purse (what I would have done if my purse flew out the window, I don't know) and ran into the curb. Fortunately, for me and the car, I was only driving about 30 mph and no one was around. We've got a scratch on the hub cap to remind me of how foolishly I behaved. I still haven't gotten over my fear of spiders (and not even close to getting over it!), but I've learned my lesson that car accidents are worse than spiders. Hopefully, the fool in Maine learned the same.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Little Kenny said...

Ahhhh! Spider!!

It's not Friday, but I'll take it.

Rosanna Kicks Ass said...

Seriously, I defended Kristos for not being a slave to our spider needs, but come ON, it's been at least 4 weeks!