Sunday, November 05, 2006

What's With Outrageously Expensive Jeans?

So I've need some new jeans for a while, but didn't want to go shopping for them because you have to try on a million pairs to get the right ones. I've always, as in since childhood, bought Levi's. In fact, until about 2 years ago I always bought men's Levis. I decided to branch out to get some cute jeans. So I go into a couple different stores that sell jeans. Now these are regular mall stores, not some shooshy boutiques. The jeans cost $158, $185, $250!!! What the hell? They don't even come in different lengths! I expected them to be lined in gold but they weren't. So tell me, how is it that denim pants can cost over $100? I already came to terms with the fact that they can cost over $50 when I bought my first girlie Levi's. But COME ON, they're just jeans!

3 comments:

forksplit said...

Stick with the Levi's. I actually bought a different brand of Jeans last year from the GAP or Old Navy or something and they fell apart in our apartment's industrial strength washers. The Levi's are durable. Like you said, "They're just jeans"-- So just buy the regular kind and don't get fancy!

Little Kenny said...

I've had good luck with regards to durability from Anchor Blue jeans. That's the old Miller's Outupost store brand. Heh, now the store is named Anchor Blue. Woohoo!

Rosanna Kicks Ass said...

I went for convenience and bought J.Crew. Don't mock me. I'm in the process of shrinking all my Levi's. Well, maybe I'll leave a couple pairs, in case I gain weight again :)